What is retinol?
In skincare, retinol products are the closest thing to actual magic.
The powerful ingredient (also known as vitamin A) is used to treat a long list of common skincare issues such as fine lines, wrinkles, acne, dullness, and large pores.
Retinol can be extremely effective, but the ingredient is equal parts confusing because there are so many misconceptions about using it.
What is retinol?
Retinol is a form of vitamin A that prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helps to lighten areas thanks to its cellular turnover properties.
For what skin type?
Dry & Dehydrated skin
- Vitamin A helps to remove dead skin cells as it slightly exfoliates the skin
- Allows hydrating ingredients to work more efficiently
Acne & Oily skin
- Vitamin A helps to regulate and slow oil flow and reduces the amount of oil your skin produces
- Vitamin A is an effective treatment for acne because of their ability to regenerate and heal the skin rapidly
- Helps to prevent dead skin cells from sloughing off and clogging pores
Pigmentation & Scarring
- Vitamin A helps to lighten dark spots thanks to cell-turnover properties
- Vitamin A helps impart a more even-looking skin tone
- Vitamin A exfoliates by stimulating the cell production underneath the skin
- Vitamin A prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin firmness and smoothness by enhancing collagen production in the skin
Do NOT use these products when pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.
Vitamin A increases the skin's sensitivity to sunlight thus photosensitization makes the skin more susceptible to sunburn. We recommend using these products as NIGHT treatments only.