A stunning, bronzed tan look that appears natural because it is natural. Our premium tanning solutions contain natural and organic ingredients combined with a green base to ensure a truly authentic colour. The superior tanning formulas we use are proven to sustain a natural look for longer and fade up to 80% more naturally than other products. Your skin will reward you by looking even more supple and touchable. We have a selection of subtle tan colours to choose from in addition to a choice of development times. Your treatment will match both your schedule and your unique personal skin tone.
How Does HYDR8TAN Work?
When applied, the DHA reacts with the amino acids in the skin to create a tanned effect.
The browning process affects only the outer layers of the epidermis or ‘dead skin cells’ and will only penetrate through 4 – 5 layers of the skin.
DHA along with all of our other ingredients will produce a flawless tan which can last between 7 to 10 days with proper after tan care.
Hydr8 tan will give you a natural tan without exposing your skin to the sun’s harsh UV rays.
With proper maintenance, the tan will fade evenly.
During your Consultation with the client it is important to communicate that the solution is made up of 2 components - DHA and the Bronzer. The Bronzer is used for the therapist as a guide to the application and colour of the spray. The DHA is a clear solution that develops into the tan colour over time. Wearing too tight of clothing or liquids of any kind can affect this development process and result in an uneven coverage or patches. DHA needs a minimum of 8 hours to develop, therefore, if the client has chosen the 2 hour tan, it is important to inform them that the colour will be revealed a few hours after washing off.
How to Prepare for a HYDR8TAN?
- Exfoliate skin the morning of your tan with the ASI Exfoliating Mitt
- Wear loose dark clothing and open toed shoes to appointment
- Do not moisturise, apply deodorant or wear makeup the morning of your tan
- Do not wax large body areas within 24 hours of tan
- Any shaving should be completed
- Remove contact lenses and jewellery before tan application
How to Care for your HYDR8TAN?
- Moisturise with The Ultimate Mango Lotion daily to keep skin hydrated
- Use gradual moisturiser every second day to extend the life of your tan
- Wash with a soap free wash so that your tan doesn’t prematurely fade
- Avoid hot showers
- Pat dry skin after showering, avoid rubbing
- Be mindful of tight clothing and shoes which might cause friction fading
- Scrub off excess tan with the ASI Exfoliating Mitt
- Saunas and chlorine may prematurely fade your tan, BASE tan mousse or gradual moisturiser is recommended to refresh colour if needed
The Hydr8Tan Range is available from The Australian Skin Institute.